Monday, August 10, 2009
1st day of 1st grade
This year I am in 1st grade and my teacher's name is Mrs. Jones. I am in room 602. Mommy and Luke brought me to my classroom and waited with me until my teacher got there and let us all in. I am student #21 of 26. 3 kids were absent on the first day of school. Weird huh? Mommy packed my favorite lunch: P, B and Honey, cut up cantaloupe, cheese stick, juice box and monster cookie. We have picnic style tables in our cafeteria and we are allowed to talk quietly while we are eating. Today we had recess 2 times. I met one nice girl, Naomi, so far but plan on making 3 friends. Naomi and I played tag at recess. Our meet the teacher night is on Wednesday. Since Mommy forgot the camera today, she will be taking a few pics at meet the teacher night. When I got home, Mommy asked me all kinds of questions about my day. I told her Mrs. Jones is nice, I met one friend, and overall school was mostly boring. 2 of my grandma's called to see how my first day went as well. They had lots of questions too. I guess we'll see how the rest of the week goes.